Sat, Feb 05|
@ The Pines
KAAP Gala 2022
Scroll down for ticket and sponsorship opportunities!
Time & Location
Feb 05, 2022, 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM
@ The Pines, 4487 165th Ave SE, Davenport, ND 58021
About the event
Join us at the KAAP [Love Art] Gala Saturday, February 5th @ The Pines starting at 6:30 p.m.!
A three part evening for just $75 a ticket - delicious food, lovely entertainment, and the opportunity to meet local artisans with proceeds funding scholarships for arts students and supporting rural arts in the Kindred area. Sponsorships at various levels are available - all include complimentary tickets.
6:30 p.m. cocktail hour
7 p.m. welcome
9 p.m. live auction
- This year features "Food as Art" and we are pleased to have built the event with inspiration from the book "Midwest Mediterranean" featuring local authors David Clardy, Megan Myrdal, Fadel Nammour, Peter Schultz, William Schultz and Noreen Thomas. Megan Myrdal will speak briefly about their book and the benefits of eating a Mediterranean diet featuring our local, wholesome foods right here in the Midwest. We are honored to have a variety of area chefs join us to feature their culinary specialty. They are encouraged to use locally sourced ingredients to honor our community's agricultural roots at the arts table.
- Enjoy visiting with local chefs and tasting their delicious creations. We welcome back chef Nancy Olson, Andrea Baumgardner (BernBaum's), Sara Watson (Blackboard), Stephanie Kalinowski (Morning Glory), Sarah Nasello (SarahBakes), Marcel Sanchez (Casa Delicia Eatery), Nichole Hensen (Nichole's Fine Pastry & Cafe), NDSU Meat Scientists Eric Berg and Rob Maddock, Ryan Patenaude (Bumbles Boast) + more!
- Enjoy wine tasting with Bear Creek Winery of Fargo
- Featuring the musical stylings of Jessie Veeder, whose unique and interestingly beautiful vocals and lyrics swell with references to her own life experiences growing up on a working cattle ranch in the rugged land of Western North Dakota. Her first children's book "Prairie Princess" is set to be released this winter and she will have this for sale at the event plus will be an Arist in Residence in the Kindred Public Schools on Friday, February 4.
- Visit with and support local artists Jessica Haugen (Sweet Stems), Amanda Hagen (Heartstrings Art Studio), Roxie Westman (Roxie's Place Photography), Karen Bakke, Jon Offutt (House of Mulciber), Trudy Torgerson, Ken Omundson (KO Clay), Liz Walberg (Liz W. Designs), Kate Baldock + more!
liveAUCTION - 9 p.m. with auctioneer Andy Westby
- "Dine with Artists" Dr. John V. Vinych will again sponsor a private dinner party with artists in his exquisite rural Kindred home, the former "home" of our gala. Chefs Nancy Olson and Joe Swegarden will work with you to customize a tantalizing multiple course dining experience. Artist Karen Bakke will paint a masterpiece while you enjoy a “mini” gala of your own, for ten people. Event to take place in March or April of 2022.
- "Work of Art" Artist Karen Bakke will work with the winner to design a truly priceless, custom 16x20 oil on canvas. The sky is the limit on what you can choose for your painting - floral, abstract, your pet, family farmstead or anything else you can imagine to coordinate perfectly in your home.
silentAUCTION - bidding closes at 9 p.m.
- "Viking Quilt " Wrap yourself or your favorite Viking in cozy Kindred blues! Stay warm or soften the bleacher with a quilt (made by Gail Tobkin) from Maywood Studios Woolies flannel, "Stormy Seas" line. Cheer on all the Vikings from head to toe in shades of Kindred colors! Also comes with a $100 gift certificate to the school store compliments of the Kindred Viking Booster Club.
- "Photo Op" Photographer Heidi Hoy specializes in portrait photography - primarily families, kids, and seniors - and aims to make the session laid back, stress free, and depict life in its current state. The package up for grabs is a family session. Up to one hour of shooting time at a location agreed upon between Heidi and the package winner. High resolution digital files will be delivered right to your e-mail! Valued at $350, but priceless memories that will last a lifetime!
- "Bear Creek Wine Experience" A private tasting event for 10 guests at Bear Creek Winery. Includes seven wine tastings, a personal cheese plate and tour of the venue and vineyards.
- "A Quest to Find the Western Prairie Fringed Orchid" Six lucky nature lovers will experience the bloom of the rare Western Prairie Fringed Orchid in mid-July on the North Country Hiking Trail. Host Bob Stein will lead a four mile leisure hike through the beautiful Sheyenne National Grassland. The event will conclude with local artist, lover of all prairie flowers and pretty darn good cook Liz Walberg preparing a delicious meal with locally sourced ingredients at Jorgen’s Hollow campground.
- "Kayos Colors" Enjoy a 16x20 print of the beautiful piece of artwork created by 300+ Kindred students "leaving their mark" on a canvas during an Artist in Residence event with Kate M Baldock in January! The original canvas will be displayed in the elementary artroom.
- KAAP is partnering with two local artists and Bear Creek Winery to offer a wine pull! The first 50 bottles of wine sold will include a wine cork custom made and donated by Joy Staton of Joyz Jazz and a wine charm that the Kindred High School students will make with high school Artist in Residence Liz Walberg of c.lizzy's the week of the gala. Each charm will be numbered and one winning number will be announced during the live auction with the winner receiving a gift basket full of local artist goodies.
- We call this a "regular person" gala - dress up or down however you are comfortable
- The event is made for mingling with chefs, artists, musicians and each other
- UBER is available at The Pines
- Must be 18+ to attend
- [EARLYBIRD] $65 price available through January 16, 2022!
- NOW available - sponsorship levels below.
- Email us at email@example.com with questions or to customize your donation amount! Or contact one of the gala chairpersons Beth Odegaard, Erin Westby or Jen Swenson. Print cut off date is Monday, January 31.
THANK YOU TO OUR 2022 EVENT SPONSORS
(as of 1.27.22)
CHEF | sponsor $2500+
CHS - Dakota Plains Ag
Dr. John V. Vinych
Peterson Farms Seed sponsoring Sarah Nasello
ARTIST | sponsor $1000+
MUSIC | sponsor $600+
Kindred State Bank
Kindred Concert Series
LOVE ART | sponsor $500+
Clothes Mentor Fargo
Lathem Hi-Tech Seeds
Next Generation Gaming
Mark & Kia Richard
MJ Nipstad Management Solutions Inc
Advantage Credit Bureau
FRIEND OF KAAP | sponsor $250+
4S Payroll & Accounting Services
Josh and Laura Heinrich
Jim and Heidi Hoy
Mike and Anne Keller
Chris and Kelly McDonald
Strand & Marcy Insurance
Derek Swenson Farms Inc.
Swenson Stock Farm
Todd R. Wold CPA
Michelle Borud - Beyond Realty FM
Jon and Penny Vikander
Dave and Shannon Campbell
Senior Helpers - Fargo
- Ticket type
KAAP Gala '22Price$75.00
- Ticket type
DONATE | for the arts
I'm not able to attend the gala but would like to donate to support the arts in KindredPrice$25.00